www.agapemoments.net





There is nothing more contrasting than rolling grey clouds

Approaching the time of the year that not only once in a week -- but sometimes two, I have the privilege to capturing and share in the happiest day of someone's life. To not only capture the details that took months to achieve or the check list that is a photographers dream, but to seal in my grip the emotions that each moment of the day reveals. You see what you see, you feel what you feel, and at the end of the day I embrace a silly fanny pack that will allow two people in love to remember that day for the rest of their lives. It's funny how each wedding I photograph becomes my own "in a heartfelt way“. Not only because I am responsible for making sure I do my job well or follow an itinerary to the T, but that I encapsulate the emotions that two people were feeling at the most sincere moments of the day. I may be the one holding the camera, but God is the one in control of the day so it is my higher power that truly is in charge. A very wise man asked me many folds ago "are you specific Kim when you pray?" and so I am. I ask to be guided throughout the day ahead of me. I can't slow the rain nor can I stop the snow so I embrace and see the elements of what other may frown at on their wedding day as breath taking and new and try to reassure that all from above holds its own sense of beauty. Sometimes what we picture in our head is only a clip of what can be amazing and that maybe we were meant to step outside of the box and be creative on their wedding day. There is nothing more contrasting than rolling grey clouds nor could there be a more natural texture than a backdrop of falling rain. So I encourage each bride to embrace her day, let go and enjoy.
Warmly,
Kim

No comments: